Heat Networks Code of Practice (CP1) Training
Who should attend?
What is included?
Delegates will not be excluded if they haven’t undergone training with CIBSE, although are expected to have either taken training with another provider or have a sufficient knowledge in order to sit the exam.
Purchase the exam only option.
Live Online Training | 14 CPD Hours | 9:30-16:30
13th -14 July | Find out more/card payments
12th-13 October | Find out more/card payments
30th- 1 November | Find out more/card payments
For invoices please fill in our booking form.
The exam is included in the price.
*Please note our membership rate is only for individual members.
- Standard Rate: £885 +VAT
- CIBSE Members Rate: £708* +VAT
CIBSE Training has created an updated course to provide you with up-to-date compliance information and an overview of the new CIBSE Heat Networks Code of Practice (CP1) (2020) applications.
This course is aimed at people working in the heat network sector who want to know more about CP1 and what it means for their work and projects. Delegates are therefore expected to understand the principles of heat network design, construction and operation.
Following the course, there is an opportunity to take an exam, which allows you to apply to the CIBSE Certification Heat Networks Consultant register.
Required level of knowledge:
You must be able to:
- Advise clients on the key benefits and risks associated with the use of heat networks
- Advise clients on the design and operational implications involved with the use of heat networks and different configurations
- Comply with the CIBSE code of practice and sustainability policy
- Meet the requirements of the CIBSE Certification Heat Networks Consultant register.
You must know and understand:
- The principles of heat networks including the key risks and benefits and the main design and operational considerations
- The key components of district heating systems including heat generation plant, hot water distribution pipework and heat substations/heat interface units
- The design principles of hot water distribution systems within buildings
- How to calculate and assess building energy demands
- How to select and size heating plant including low carbon heating systems
- How to select and size hot water pipework
- How to select and design heating control and metering systems
Who should attend?
CP1 covers a range of disciplines and therefore the course will be suitable for a range of delegates, including project managers, consultants, engineers, contractors and operators. Particular sections of the course will be more directly relevant to each of these groups but all delegates will benefit from understanding how the objectives and requirements come together to ensure a successful project.
What is included?
This course has been reformatted into a live training course, so you can expect the same kind of participation you would have in a physical classroom, such as:
Interacting with other attendees and the trainer
Asking our knowledgeable trainer questions
Viewing the presentation live via Microsoft Teams while listening to the trainer’s supportive explanations
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +44 (0)20 8772 3660
CIBSE Training COVID-19 Update
Choosing to train multiple staff at once provides your organisation with the opportunity to:
- Have a training package crafted to your specific requirements - live training, face to face training. Request a quote
- To monitor your employees’ learning performance remotely - online learning. Request a quote