Skip to content

What Next?

Are you thinking of studying a Master’s degree? 

If you are looking for a course to complement your undergraduate studies and further your expertise in the Building Services Engineering industry don’t forget CIBSE accredits a number of MSc courses as suitable further learning to become a Chartered Engineer (CEng). A CIBSE accreditation is reassurance for you that this course has been reviewed by academic and industry experts and is confirmed as meeting the academic standards required. A full list of courses accredited by CIBSE for further learning can be found here.
Looking for work for after you graduate, but not sure where to start?

These companies run CIBSE-accredited training and development schemes. This means that they have demonstrated commitment to the professional development of their staff, and have a structured scheme in place to support you as you progress towards corporate membership of CIBSE and Engineering Council registration. So if you’re looking for a position on a graduate scheme or a new role to suit your qualifications, this is a great place to begin your search.  
Finishing studying this summer? Get a professional title or interim registration!

Licentiate EngTech is the first professional title available with CIBSE and the Engineering Council. If you hold 1-2 years professional experience in Building Services and have completed a Level 3 qualification or above in Engineering, you should find that you meet the requirements for joining via our Standard Route.
This is an ideal interim level to hold once you have finished studying and are working towards meeting the requirements for ACIBSE IEng or MCIBSE CEng. It is also a great grade of membership and level of registration to hold if you are studying and working at the same time too.
On Tuesday 6th June at 1pm, we will be holding a free webinar on the benefits, application process and requirements of LCIBSE EngTech. You can book your place here and download the application guidance and forms at
Alternatively, if you are finishing an accredited engineering degree you could apply for Graduate membership with Interim IEng or CEng registration at Although this doesn’t allow you to use letters after your name, it signifies that you meet the academic requirements for IEng/CEng and are now working towards meeting the competence criteria.
If you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Lucy Aldcroft at