Skip to content

Assessment for Chartered Engineer Registration (CEng)

My qualifications have been assessed and confirmed as meeting the requirements for CEng (Chartered Engineer Registration).  What next?

How do I obtain CEng?

To gain Engineering Council Registration you need to apply for the appropriate level of CIBSE membership.

What grade of membership can I apply for?

The membership grade you can obtain alongside CEng registration is the Member Grade MCIBSE CEng. To become a Member you will need to meet the MCIBSE competence criteria.

Visit our Member page to download an MCIBSE CEng application pack.

I do not yet meet the competence criteria for Member grade, what can I do?

Take a look at the criteria for our other membership grades to determine your level.  You can apply for graduate membership alongside Interim CEng registration, which demonstrates that you meet the academic requirements for CEng registration.

What is graduate membership?

Graduate membership is a transitional grade for those who are working towards Member (MCIBSE). As a graduate member you will have access to all of our member benefits.

What is Interim CEng?

Interim registration signifies that you have met the academic requirement of registration and are working towards the competences of a Chartered Engineer.

I am already a graduate member, how do I obtain Interim CEng?

If your qualification has been assessed for CEng, let us know that you now wish to apply for Interim registration by emailing [email protected]. There is an entry fee payable for registering as Interim CEng.  View our subscription rates and fees

If you have any further questions, please contact the Membership Team at +44(0)20 8772 3650 or at [email protected]