Who Should Attend
Purchase Ventilation Design Now
Good ventilation in buildings is essential for a wide range of health and comfort issues. A good design strategy with consideration of how ventilation is provided is key.
CIBSE's new online learning module focusing on Ventilation Design takes you through the main technologies available, looking at how they function and how they compare with one another.
The module enables you to report on alternative ventilation strategies for a given brief, and help clients to make informed decisions about what method of ventilation they should adopt - i.e. natural, mechanical or mixed mode - the type of controls to be used, and decisions about access requirements.
This module takes you through the needs for the building, making full use of current design guides and codes of practice, as well as the necessary design calculations. This will help you to make informed choices that are based on sound economic and engineering principles.
This course is worth 7 CPD hours
This is the first of two modules on ventilation and this module serves as an introduction to the subject. As such, it does not over Central Plant, Duct Sizing and only partially covers Terminal Selection - these items are covered more fully in a second CIBSE module "Design of Air Distribution Systems"
Following successful completion of the module, users should be able to:
- Identify the ventilation requirements for a building and produce a design rationale identifying the specific needs of the internal spaces and how these might influence the design ventilation rate.
- Assess the influence of the building structure on internal conditions.
- Compile relevant information on the internal spaces and the external environment that night influence the design ventilation rate.
- Calculate the fresh-air requirement and ventilation rates in different units.
- Justify a chosen ventilation strategy by comparison to alternatives.
- Justify any energy recovery equipment included in the design and explain its operational strategy for conserving energy.
- Appreciate relevant Statutory and Health and Safety Regulations and how they apply.
Who Should Attend
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Membership Rate: £270 (£324 inc VAT)
- Standard Rate: £300 (£360 inc VAT)
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at email@example.com