High Voltage Distribution
Who Should Attend
Purchase High Voltage Distribution Now
This module aims to provide an excellent introduction to both 11kV and 33kV systems.
The module also ensures that you will be understand how to achieve not only discrimination across an installation HV/LV transformer, but full discrimination throughout your distribution network, right back to the DNO supply.
This course is worth 7 CPD hours
This module will take you through:
- The choice of distribution systems
- The comparison of SF6 and vacuum circuit breakers
- The required characteristics and necessary operation settings for the protection relays
Following successful completion of the module, users should be able to:
- Compare the use of radial and ring-main methods of high voltage distribution and their ability to maintain/recover supplies under fault conditions.
- Calculate three-phase balanced fault currents and simple single-phase earth-fault currents using the per-unit system of impedance measurement.
- Select and specify suitable types and ratings for:
(i) High voltage distribution cables
(ii) High voltage circuit breakers*
(iii) Protection class current transformers
(iv) Induction type protection relays (and their settings)
*Including explaining their method or operation.
Who Should Attend
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Membership Rate: £270 (£324 incl VAT)
- Standard Rate: £300 (£360 inc VAT)
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at email@example.com