The course introduces the concept of mentoring, and provides delegates with an increased awareness of mentoring duties in the context of a training and development scheme. The course will have a workshop format and is designed to suit the needs of both new and existing mentors, as well as other learning professionals.
Gaining skills to allow you to mentor the engineers of tomorrow can be a great catalyst to improving your own interpersonal skills, as well as your performance in meetings and networking generally. This course will give you the skills you need to interact with others in a meaningful mentoring relationship, understanding the need to listen rather than hear and to take part in active conversations regarding a mentee’s personal development.
Covering the specific requirements of the needs of IPD and Training & Development schemes, this course is suited to those mentoring up-and-coming engineers on a route to gaining professional qualifications.
- General Mentoring - Classroom and Workshops
- IPD and Company T&D Schemes - Classroom and Workshops
- UK Spec Competencies - Classroom and Workshops
- Dealing with Interpersonal Issues and Mentoring Problems - Classroom and Workshop
The objectives of the course are:
- Improving the mentoring relationship
- The principles of good mentoring
- Structuring a mentoring relationship
- Understanding the needs of an IPD or T&D candidate
- Dealing with difficult situation
Who Should Attend
Anyone with an interest in Mentoring, the desire to act as a mentor and in particular those mentoring on Initial Professional Development and/or Training & Development Schemes.
Registration is open from 09.00 Start Time: 09:30Latest finish: 17:00
Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to firstname.lastname@example.org (*invoice / card)Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3660 (*invoice / card)Online: Click the 'Book Now' button at the top right hand side (*card ONLY)*Payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions
- All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: email@example.com
- CIBSE have the right to cancel or amend training courses. Please contact the training team before making any travel or accommodation arrangements - particularly if you are travelling from outside the UK mainland, as CIBSE will not be liable for any cost incurred by this.
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the Uk and Europe. For an In-house quote please email; Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address to firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: email@example.com or Call: 020 8772 3660
Paul Tymkow is Director of Learning and Knowledge at Hoare Lea LLP. He has more than 35 years’ experience in Building Services Engineering. For the past 16 years he has been primarily involved in professional development across the firm’s whole range of learning support, from undergraduate placements to CPD for senior staff. He was a member of the IET’s Professional Development Operations Committee from 2003-2014. He has been a visiting academic at Brunel University since 2005. His earlier career was with PSA and BBC. Paul has many years’ experience of mentoring and managing Hoare Lea’s mentoring scheme at a national level. He has delivered several mentoring skills courses for CIBSE.
A1842 CIBSE Member ex VAT £280.00
A1842 Standard Rate ex VAT £310.00