This course looks at the basic principles of identifying information sources and using that data to expand the organisation's understanding of what is happening related to the consumption of utilities and the output of the organisation.Most of the subject matter covered involves the use of spreadsheets and associated graphing tools to provide an analytical approach and summary output. The prime objective of the course is to provide the delegate with simple, no / low cost tools to carry out effective day to day energy management with the least effort.
- Why monitoring and targeting is important
- Key drivers
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
- Display Energy Certificates (DEC)
- EPCs v DECs
- Methods for measuring energy performance
- Benchmarking to identify underperformance
- League tables using performance indicators for multiple sites
- Analysing and comparing performance data
- Sub-metering & automatic meter reading (AMR)
- Using half hourly data (HHD)
- Regression and CUSUM analysis
- Using CIBSE TM22 software to analyse performance
- Stage 1: Benchmarking
- Stage 2: Accounting for special end uses and weather analysis
- Stage 3: Detailed end use analyse
- Building log books
- What they are and why they are useful
- Log book templates
- Setting up a M & T System
- Top 10 energy savings
Those attending will leave with an understanding and appreciation as follows:
- How to use energy data to identify inefficiencies
- How to use spread sheets to carry out detailed analysis of energy usage history
- How to compare energy data to its application
- How to estimate / budget for future consumption
- How to monitor short term and long term patterns
- How to easily identify when best practice is starting to 'wane'
- How to demonstrate to management the benefits accrued from equipment change, maintenance or better operational practices
Who Should Attend:
All those involved in energy management and cost savings within buildings
Registration is open from 09.30 Start Time: 10:00Latest finish: 17:00
Members rate: £280 (£336 ex VAT)
Standard rate: £310 (£372 ex VAT)
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to firstname.lastname@example.org (*invoice / card)Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3660 (*invoice / card)Online: Click the 'Book Now' button at the top right hand side (*card ONLY)*Payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions
- All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: email@example.com
- CIBSE have the right to cancel or amend training courses. Please contact the training team before making any travel or accommodation arrangements - particularly if you are travelling from outside the UK mainland, as CIBSE will not be liable for any cost incurred by this.
Read full Terms and Conditions
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the Uk and Europe. For an In-house quote please email; Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address to firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: email@example.com or Call: 020 8772 3660
Christopher read Building Service Engineering at UWE Bristol and graduated with honours (BSc). Christopher started his consultancy career with a local authority in Devon working on a large number of diverse capital schemes.
In 2008 Christopher set up his own Consultancy practice and has worked on some prestigious projects in the Southwest. The practice was part of the winning team at the Michelmores Property awards 2016 Category 1 – Project of the Year.
Throughout his career Christopher has developed extensive experience in most sectors and has a particular interest in sustainability and energy efficiency being a former Carbon Trust Accredited Consultant until the scheme close in 2012.
A1763 Members Rate (ex.VAT) £280.00
A1763 Standard Rate (ex.VAT) £310.00