This 1 day introductory course takes the delegate through the different types of heating and cooling systems available for both commercial and domestic complexes, includes guidance on effective maintenance and management of building services and pertinant legislation affecting building services. It is an ideal course for those who have found themselves in the position of the maintenance and management of domestic or commercial building services but without formal training.
Session 1: Heating and Cooling
- Closed circuit water systems Heating & Cooling
- Packaged Air Conditioning Systems.
- Centralised Air Conditioning Systems, including AHUs.
- HVAC Controls encountered on Commercial Buildings.
Session 2: Heating, Cooling & Electrical Services
- Domestic Hot Water systems.
- Ventilation and Heat Recovery,
- Combined Heat and Power Systems (CHPs)
- LV Electrical Services Switch Boards, Distribution Boards & Final circuit
Session 3: Maintenance
- PPM Scheduling
- Maintenance issues and how they affect system efficacy.
- Life Cycle of an Asset
Session 4: Legislation and statutory requirements
- Energy Performance Of Building Directive (EPBD)
- Legionella Bacteria Control
- F-gas Legislation
- Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Fire Risk assessments
- LOLER Thorough Examination & Inspections
- Fixed Installation and Portable Appliance testing
- Record Keeping
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for facility managers and all those responsible for the management and maintenance of building services but without formal training in this area
Registration is open from 09.30 Start Time: 10:00 Latest finish: 17:00
Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to firstname.lastname@example.org (*invoice / card)Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3660 (*invoice / card)Online: Click the 'Book Now' button at the top right hand side (*card ONLY)*Payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions
- All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: email@example.com
- CIBSE have the right to cancel or amend training courses. Please contact the training team before making any travel or accommodation arrangements - particularly if you are travelling from outside the UK mainland, as CIBSE will not be liable for any cost incurred by this.
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the Uk and Europe. For an In-house quote please email; Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address to firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Kevin Noyce is an Energy Consultant who splits his time between training on Building and Mechanical Service and carrying out Efficiency and Condition surveys at commercial premises.
Kevin is an Electrical Engineer by trade and has spent all of his career in the Building and Building Service industry.
Kevin is a qualified Air Conditioning, Commercial, and DEC Assessor.
A1737 Standard Rate ex. VAT £310.00
A1737 Member Rate ex. VAT £280.00