Legionella Control: Role of the Responsible Person
Who Should Attend
This course is available as an In-house course only
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
This course acts as an accompaniment to either the HSE Guidance on Legionella Control and takes delegates into further detail of the role of the Responsible Person, including a step by step frame work to help ensure the legal requirements of this position are fulfilled.
- Understand the legal responsibilities of the Responsible Person
- Implement the legal requirements of the Responsible Person, as stated in ACOP L8
- Manage, supervise and guide consultants, water treatment service providers, site maintenance staff and contractors to ensure compliance with L8
- Formulate the activities of 'in house' maintenance and M&E staff in relation to suitable Legionella control measures
- Set up and monitor the Log book system and record keeping
- Assess routine sampling and analysis test results and the suitability of remedial actions required to regain or maintain control conditions.
- Dealing with Positive Legionella Results & Emergency Procedures
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for those assigned as the Responsible Person' and/or 'Duty Holder' and all those responsible for the management of Legionella Control within building services, such as building and facility managers, mechanical and building services engineers etc.
Registration will be at 09.30
Start Time: 10.00
Latest Finish: 17.00
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please