Heating Systems Design
Designed by a collaborative group of key building services consultancies and contractors, this CIBSE Online Learning module offers a practical, flexible and convenient alternative to face to face courses. This unit allows you to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics, finishing by testing your knowledge with interactive activity pages.
The module is primarily intended for junior to intermediate engineers who are being asked to design a heating system for the first time. However, the module is not for the complete beginner. There's an assumption from the outset that the user will have completed a college or university course on mechanical engineering, or possibly a course on building services engineering, and so will have some understanding of the basic fluid dynamic principles that underlie system design. They will also have access to the support of a more senior engineer within their organisation who can guide them on the procedures and protocols for completing design drawings and specification documents.
Make your way through this course at your own pace with the following:
- Heating Systems Design Topics
- Additional Resources
- Four Activity Pages
- CPD Certificate on completion
This course covers:
- Building Regulation Requirements
- Thermal comfort & Loads
- Heat Flow
- Heat generation
- Heat Emitters
- Operation & Control
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
Following successful completion of the module, users should be able to:
- Appreciate the need to maintain environmental parameters within known limits so as to ensure acceptable human comfort. These limits will recognise the extend to which the needs of most building users will be met and the factors such as temperature and air movement velocities that will influence such decisions
- Calculate, from known external conditions (making due allowances for both fabric losses and infiltration together with demand profiles), the local and total heat requirements for the building
- Assess a suitable form of fuel and boiler combination
- Consider and suggest a suitable method of distribution throughout the building and understand the special implications of such a choice
- CIBSE Member Rate: £255 + VAT
- Standard Rate: £300 + VAT
Purchase online learning training for your employees by choosing from the full list of CIBSE Corporate training.
You will benefit from being able to allocate training and monitor your employees’ learning performance remotely. Book an online learning tour to view those benefits and our digital learning platform.
In addition, you can now estimate the costs of purchasing our modules and courses with our new corporate training for online learning.
To get a quote, simply email email@example.com with the name of the training, contact details and number of employees.
Find out more