Design of Ductwork Systems
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
26th November 2019 | London - Find out more
This course programme includes ductwork types & characteristics, sizing, velocities, diffuser grille & fan connections, bends, dampers, attenuators, system layout balancing and noise.
- Duct Sizing Methods: Relationship between volume, size, air velocity and resistance
- Static, velocity and total pressures and pressure diagram
- Constant friction, constant velocity and static regain methods
- Velocity Limits: Limiting velocity for noise in different applications
- Duct Distribution Systems: Tree system (mains, sub mains and branches)
- Octopus (modular plant)
- Ring main
- Plant Connections: Inlet and outlet connections to centrifugal and axial fans
- Connections to terminals
- Flexible connections
- Room Air Distribution: Limits for different terminals
- Effect of supply temperature
- Perforated ceilings
- Displacement ventilation
Ductwork Types: Circular and rectangular
- Damper Types & Characteristics: Opposed blade, parallel blade, iris and other methods of controlling volume
- Noise: Brief introduction to noise including sound power and sound pressure, Noise criteria and noise rating and Control of noise
- Attenuator: Square end, round end and aerofoil. Positioning of attenuators
- Commissioning: Brief introduction to good commissioning practice, Design requirements to facilitate commissioning and Interpretation of commissioning records
The delegates will gain the attention to detail at design stage to minimise problems when commissioning.
Who Should Attend
Delegates should have had a formal academic (B Eng.) followed by a few years of experience or have been working as Technicians/draftsmen/Cadd operators.
Registration will be at 09.30
Start Time: 10.00
Latest Finish: 17.00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs. In-house training can help your organisation overcome challenges and fill the skills gaps in your workforce. Courses run on a minimum number of six staff*.
For an In-house quote please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of course
- Approximate number of staff
- Your site address
*Minimum numbers for In-house courses outside of the UK may vary
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please