Fire Detection & Alarm Systems for Buildings - BS 5839 Part 1 2013
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
10th October 2019 | London - Find out more
The recommendations of BS 5839-1, as amended in 2013, are examined in detail.
- Overview of Fire Alarm Design Codes
- Format of the British Standard
- System categories
- Variations from the Code for detection & alarm
- Field circuit design
- Design Issues
- Power Supplies
- Standby Batteries
- Call Points
- Detector Selection, Siting & Spacing
- Control and Indicating Equipment
- Audible Alarms
- Fire Warning for Deaf People
- Staged Alarms
- Communication with Fire Service
- Networked Systems
- Installation, Commissioning and Certification
- LIMITATION OF FALSE ALARMS
- Causes of False Alarms
- Benchmark False Alarms Rates
- Measures to limit False Alarms
- Final Discussion and Questions
A good working knowledge of BS 5839-1.
Who Should Attend
- Building control officers.
- Approved inspectors.
- Fire and rescue service inspecting officers.
- Fire safety consultants.
- Fire risk assessors.
- Health and safety consultants.
- M&E contractors and consultants.
- Fire alarm contractors.
Registration is open from 09.30
Start Time: 10:00
Latest finish: 17:00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please