Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
13th November 2019 | London - Find out more
This course enables the delegate to carry out energy surveys, which is particularly useful for those required to meet or survey buildings to the government's Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS), applicable to commercial organisations with over 250 staff or an annual turnover in excess of 42m and an annual balance sheet total of around 36.5m to have undertaken an energy audit by 5 December 2015 and every 4 years thereafter.
The objective of conducting an energy audit, apart from those required to meet ESOS, is to provide a useful insight into the issues of where and when waste is taking place. This course looks at a number of approaches to carry out a survey from using a spreadsheet to the more detailed style employed both by the Carbon Trust and the Energy Consultancy Industry.
At the successful completion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Set up basic monitoring and targeting to enable benchmarking
- Audit an energy consuming entity by breaking its usage into manageable components
- Assess an organisation's management approach to energy usage
- Discuss the relationship between energy and management standards
- Report findings to different levels of staff and management
- Develop a calculation methodology for predicting likely energy waste and recovery
- Identify and prioritising solutions
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for all those responsible for energy management in buildings e.g. energy managers, assessors, consultants, engineers, developers, architects etc
Registration is open from 09.30
Start Time: 10:00
Latest finish: 17:00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-House Training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please