Power System Harmonics
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
6th September 2019 | London - Find out more
Modern complex electrical loads like electronic motor control, rectifier plant, Information Technology Equipment etc, produce considerable harmonics with probable consequential system damage. This course details the causes, effects and mitigation.
- Harmonic Fundamentals:
- Single & three phase harmonic fundamentals, current & voltage distortion,
- Power factor, four-wire systems, harmonic calculations
- Harmonic Sources
- AC/DC & AC/AC Convertors, including switched mode power supplies, Non-linear equipment, etc.
- Harmonic Effects
- Instant & continuous distortions, flicker, machine vibration & noise.
- Harmonic Mitigation
- Power System design, Power transformer design & Compensation Devices, Factor K and K-Factor transformers
Overall appreciation of harmonic problems, design mitigation and harmonic calculations.
Who Should Attend
The above course is suitable for Building Services Engineers, Consultants, Engineers, Developers, Architects, Building Energy Managers, and Facility Maintenance Managers.
Registration is open from 09.30
Start Time: 10:00
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please