How to Enter
The 2020 entry process is now closed.
The CIBSE Building Performance Awards are free to enter. Entries should be submitted through the online entry system and to make this process as simple as possible we have revised the template entry forms for 2020 for each category which can be downloaded from the categories pages. Entries should also include supporting documentation or evidence to supplement the written submission. All supporting information should be culminated into one PDF document for upload. For inspiration and guidance on how to put together your entry you can view past winners' entry forms.
5 Steps to entry
Find out more about each entry step by selecting and viewing the #CIBSEAwards dots:
1. Select the categories you wish to enter
2. Download and complete your entry form(s)
3. Start your FREE online entry
4. Upload your entry form, supporting document PDF and photographs
5. Select finish to submit your entry
5 Top tips - Improve your chances of winning an award by following our five top tips for a great awards entry:
1. Start early. Entries received early will be reviewed by CIBSE and allow us to flag up any further requirements prior to judging day.
2. Provide evidence of user satisfaction. How did you meet and exceed client expectations? Client testimonials can provide valuable insight here.
3. Include measured data Quantify, quantify, quantify…‘The Chief Executive said it was great’...is not enough. You need to demonstrate measurable results against specific objectives. Explain how the results link to the objectives. If your project has a DEC, please supply a copy. If it's on the CarbonBuzz website then please tell us and give us the link.
4. Sell the people/project/product. What is the biggest achievement or unique selling point? Bring out the winning points. Explain what is unique or innovative about your entry, how important it is, or the scale of the challenges that had to be overcome.
5. Send supporting photos. Photos are invaluable to the submission as they will be used to represent your entry at the awards ceremony and in the winners supplement, should your entry be successful. Think about which images bring your entry to life. We ask for a minimum of 5, but up to 10 high resolution images may be included in support of your entry.