The CIBSE Building Performance Awards, now in their 14th year, recognise the people, products and projects that demonstrate engineering excellence in the built environment.
They are the only industry Awards that focus on actual, measured performance outcomes, and not just design intent or performance specifications. Entries are open to any organisation, both within the UK and internationally, that is responsible for the design, commissioning, construction, installation and operation of low energy buildings and the manufacturers whose products enable efficient energy consumption.
Key Dates for 2021
Entries deadline: Thursday 3 September 2020
Extended entry deadline: 24 September 2020
Shortlist announced: Mid November 2020
Awards dinner: Thursday 25 February 2021
Categories for entry in 2021 include:
Building Performance Consultancy of the Year (up to 50 employees)
Building Performance Consultancy of the Year (50 - 300 employees)
Building Performance Consultancy of the Year (over 300 employees)
Learning & Development
Product or Innovation - Thermal Comfort
Product or Innovation - Wellbeing
Project of the Year - Commercial / Industrial
Project of the Year - Public Use
Project of the Year - Residential
Project of the Year - International
Project of the Year - Retrofit
Engineer of the Year
Building Performance Champion
Benefits of entry
- Reach an international community of 77,500
- Work showcased as the best in class to over 750 awards dinner guests.
- Feature in the CIBSE Journal which has a readership of over 50,000.
- Winners have the opportunity to be selected for a further case study feature article in the CIBSE Journal.
- Potential for significant press coverage of your achivements (£44,000 Advertising Value Equivalent (AVE) from the 2017 Awards press coverage).
- Promotion to over 24,800 CIBSE Twitter followers and 24,900 CIBSE LinkedIn Group members.
- Feature on the CIBSE website which has over 455,000 visitors per year.
- Promote your success to potential clients and employees using the official shortlisted and winner logos.
- Winners receive a coveted Building Performance Awards trophy to display in their office.
- Attend the shortlist announcement at Build2Perform Live, the biggest most significant two-day building performance exhibition.
The Building Performance Awards ceremony is held annually in London and attended by over 700 guests. The 2021 Awards has a new home at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London and we look forward to seeing you there on the 25 February. This event is an excellent opportunity to see in practice what can be achieved by those who are developing strategies for refurbishment and energy efficient operation of existing buildings, designing new buildings that operate more effectively and developing the products and systems that support them.