Mechanical Services Explained (3 Days)
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information and booking instructions can be found on the individual course pages. Click on a course below to view.
5th - 7th June 2019 | London - Find out more
3rd - 5th July 2019 | Birmingham - Find out more
The course serves as an introduction to common HVAC systems. Heating, cooling, ventilation and water systems are all covered including important legislation. It reviews principles and provides knowledge and awareness of how and why, many different mechanical building services systems are designed, operated and maintained.
Many people find themselves needing to deal with mechanical building services but have not necessarily received training in mechanical services. Engineering services in buildings are complex and often account for more than 40% of the capital cost of a building. Increasing demands to conserve energy and improve environmental performance mean that good design, efficient operation and reliable maintenance of services have never been more important. An understanding of the issues and their engineering background is exactly what this course intends to achieve.
- Knowledge of a wide range of different HVAC systems
- Understanding of different system types
- Awareness of how the services integrate with building performance
- Appreciation of technical terminology (jargon!)
- Legislative Requirements
Who Should Attend
The course is ideally suited to those who:
- have been given additional responsibility for mechanical engineering services
- have responsibility for estates and engineering personnel or contractors.
- are Facilities Managers with overall responsibility for buildings and their services.
- are specialist in another branch of engineering but find they now have to understand mechanical services systems (for example Electrical Engineers, part of a multi-discipline team).
Registration will be at 09.00
Start Time: 09:30
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Members Rate: £1,308 (£1,090 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £1,458 (£1,215 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please