Electrical Commissioning and Testing
Who Should Attend
How to Purchase
Purchase Electrical Commissioning & Testing Now
This module recognises that there is a need to integrate this testing with the commissioning of other electrical services. So it also looks at the basics of commissioning of the following items as an aid to understanding the commissioning processes involved (by others, usually the manufacturer or a specialist contractor), rather than an in-depth knowledge of the subject:
- Fire alarms
- Lighting systems, including emergency lighting
- Structured cabling, including fibre optic cable
- Lift installations
- Lightning protection
- High-voltage and low-voltage switchgear
- Uninterruptible power supplies
This course is worth 7 CPD hours.
- Continuity of protective conductors
- Continuity of ring circuits
- Insulation resistance
- Testing of SELV, PELV and FELV
- Barriers and enclosures
- Impedance of walls and floors
- Earth electrode resistance testing
- Protection by supply disconnection
- Earth-fault loop impedance
- Additional protection (RCDs)
- Prospective fault current
- Phase sequence
- Functional Testing
- Verification of voltage drop
Having studied the module, users should be able to:
- Understand the testing requirements of BS 7671, and how all the above tests are carried out
- Enable the user to prepare a full specification prior to the commencement or alteration of any electrical installation
- Understand both the need and precisely what detailed design information is required for a competent person to test and commission and installation
- Assist in the provision of commissioning procedures
- Assist in the preparation or in the specification of the needs of operational manuals and maintenance schedules, ‘as fitted’ drawings etc.
Who Should Attend
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Membership Rate: £270 (£324 inc VAT)
- Standard Rate £300 (£360 inc VAT
If you are a new user to CIBSE and would like to purchase an online learning course please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at email@example.com to get you started.
Alternatively, please follow the set up instructions below:
To set up the MyCIBSE Portal create a username from your desired email address and create a password. Then login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used to create your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in to both portals, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account.
If you are already a user of MyCIBSE but have not yet accessed our Online Learning Portal, please login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used for your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at email@example.com to activate your account.
How to Purchase
Online: Log into your MyCIBSE account to purchase your desired course. Courses can be purchased by selecting the tab 'Online Learning' then by finding your course under one of the three topics mentioned above. This is by method of Credit / Debit card only.
For corporate rates please contact the training team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at email@example.com