Electrical Commissioning and Testing
Who Should Attend
Purchase Electrical Commissioning & Testing Now
This module recognises that there is a need to integrate this testing with the commissioning of other electrical services. So it also looks at the basics of commissioning of the following items as an aid to understanding the commissioning processes involved (by others, usually the manufacturer or a specialist contractor), rather than an in-depth knowledge of the subject:
- Fire alarms
- Lighting systems, including emergency lighting
- Structured cabling, including fibre optic cable
- Lift installations
- Lightning protection
- High-voltage and low-voltage switchgear
- Uninterruptible power supplies
This course is worth 7 CPD hours.
- Continuity of protective conductors
- Continuity of ring circuits
- Insulation resistance
- Testing of SELV, PELV and FELV
- Barriers and enclosures
- Impedance of walls and floors
- Earth electrode resistance testing
- Protection by supply disconnection
- Earth-fault loop impedance
- Additional protection (RCDs)
- Prospective fault current
- Phase sequence
- Functional Testing
- Verification of voltage drop
Having studied the module, users should be able to:
- Understand the testing requirements of BS 7671, and how all the above tests are carried out
- Enable the user to prepare a full specification prior to the commencement or alteration of any electrical installation
- Understand both the need and precisely what detailed design information is required for a competent person to test and commission and installation
- Assist in the provision of commissioning procedures
- Assist in the preparation or in the specification of the needs of operational manuals and maintenance schedules, ‘as fitted’ drawings etc.
Who Should Attend
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Membership Rate: £255 + VAT)
- Standard Rate £300 + VAT
Before purchasing any course, are you set up on our Online Portal?
Need help? Browse our FAQs.
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at email@example.com