Commissioning and Testing of Mechanical Services
Who Should Attend
How to Purchase
Purchase Commissioning & Testing of Mechanical Services Now
This module provides an explanation of the main activities involved in the commissioning of air and water circulation systems. It also explains in detail the design issues that need to be considered and the commissioning valves, dampers and flow measurement devices that need to be incorporated in the systems to make them commissionable.
This course is worth 7 CPD hours
- Water-flow regulation devices such as Double Regulating Valves, Constant Flow Regulators, Differential Pressure Control Valves, Pressure Independent Control Valves and Commissioning Sets
- Air-flow regulation devices such as Volume Control Dampers and Constant Volume Control Dampers
- Water-flow measurement devices such as Fixed Orifice devices and the U-Tube Manometer; their correct location and operation
- Air-flow measurement in ducts and for grilles and diffusers
- The design selection of these devices (pipework and ductwork)
- Pump shut-off head test / Fan test
- Flow regulation procedures (pipework and ductwork)
- Proportional balancing (pipework and ductwork)
Having studied this module, users should be able to:
- Set the total flow rate for a pump or fan to achieve the total specified flow rate and also to balance the branch flow rates to that terminal units achieve their specified design flow rates.
- Choose suitable flow measuring devices, have knowledge of where to locate them and how to correctly use them
- Design pipework and ductwork systems so that they are commissionable
- Ensure that central plant operates efficiently
Who Should Attend
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Membership Rate £270 (£324 inc VAT)
- Standard Rate: £300 (£360 inc VAT)
If you are a new user to CIBSE and would like to purchase an online learning course please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at email@example.com to get you started.
Alternatively, please follow the set up instructions below:
To set up the MyCIBSE Portal create a username from your desired email address and create a password. Then login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used to create your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in to both portals, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account.
If you are already a user of MyCIBSE but have not yet accessed our Online Learning Portal, please login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used for your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at email@example.com to activate your account.
How to Purchase
Online: Log into your MyCIBSE account to purchase your desired course. Courses can be purchased by selecting the tab 'Online Learning' then by finding your course under one of the three topics mentioned above. This is by method of Credit / Debit card only.
For corporate rates please contact the training team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at email@example.com