Who Should Attend
How to Purchase
Purchase Air-conditioning Systems Now
The CIBSE Design of Air Conditioning Systems module has been developed as an introductory module for building services engineers/project managers with little or no air conditioning design experience. However, it is recommended that you would have studied the CIBSE modules for both 'Ventilation Design' and 'Heating Systems Design' (or equivalent), before you study this module.
This module aims to introduce the design of air-conditioning systems - being a process by which air is a space is modified to make it comfortable for the occupants.
Many spaces require ventilation and details of the necessary techniques and calculations can be found in the CIBSE module 'Ventilation Design'. However, some areas also require the additional use of air-conditioning systems. Such spaces are typically those: subject to high solar gains, with high equipment densities or rooms which need close environmental control.
Although this module does not go into detail designs for all types of system or applications, it does provide the basic information required for Air-Conditioning design and system selection.
This course is worth 7 CPD hours
- Working principles of air-conditioning systems
- Psychrometric cycles
- Calculations of air-conditioning heating and cooling plant loads
- Vapour compression cycle
- Refrigeration compressors
- Building contruction codes and standards
- Cooling and heating rejection
By the end of this module you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Describe the working principles of air-conditioning systems
- Understand psychrometric cycles for humid air
- Calculate air-conditioning heating and cooling plant loads
- Describe the various forms of air-conditioning systems and associated plant and equipment
- Understand the basic operation of typical refrigeration compressors
- Understand the Coefficient of Performance
- Explain the states of refrigeration occurring within a vapour compression cycle
- Explain the operation of refrigeration equipment serving an A/C system
- Understand the adsorption refrigeration cycle
- Understand the relationship between CFCs and the environment
- Know the uses and good practice of CFC's and the alternatives
- Have a working knowledge of the various codes and standards that govern and regulate building construction, product design and fabrication
- Have an understanding of the Heat Island Effect and the use of Green/Cool roofs.
- Understand heat gains and cooling loads
- Have an understanding and describe the different methods used for free cooling heat and rejection
Who Should Attend
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Membership Rate: £270 (£324 inc VAT)
- Standard Rate: £300 (£360 inc VAT)
If you are a new user to CIBSE and would like to purchase an online learning course please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get you started.
Alternatively, please follow the set up instructions below:
To set up the MyCIBSE Portal create a username from your desired email address and create a password. Then login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used to create your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in to both portals, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at email@example.com to activate your account.
If you are already a user of MyCIBSE but have not yet accessed our Online Learning Portal, please login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used for your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account.
How to Purchase
Online: Log into your MyCIBSE account to purchase your desired course. Courses can be purchased by selecting the tab 'Online Learning' then by finding your course under one of the three topics mentioned above. This is by method of Credit / Debit card only.
For corporate rates please contact the training team on email@example.com
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at firstname.lastname@example.org