Who Should Attend
How to Purchase
Purchase Air Distribution Now
This module covers ducts manufactured in various shapes including circular, square, rectangular and oval and materials ranging from steel to aluminium and plastic.
This course is worth 7 CPD hours
Included within the module is advice not only on the most common constant pressure drop method of design, but also other design essentials covering, correct fan selection, the location of fire and control dampers, noise control methods, ductwork support and finally commissioning:
- Thermal insulation
- Pressure drop method
You will also cover:
- Practicalities of air-flow measurement.
- Pressure Testing
- Noise Control Measures
- Commissioning Data
Following successful completion of the module, users should be able to design and specify ductwork for a basic air distribution system, including:
- Correctly specify the type and position of testing points for commissioning and understand the practicalities of air-flow measurement
- Specify the correct type of air terminal device
- Ensure the correct thermal insulation is used
- Correctly specify the type and spacing for hangers and supports
- Understand the low, medium and high pressure requirements in terms of types of jointing, the thickness of material and pressure testing
- Appreciate the need for noise control measures including attenuators and external lining
- Correctly specify fire resisting ductwork
- Determine suitable locations and type of dampers required for balancing, control and fire containment
- Calculate the total system pressure loss, velocity and volume, and hence select a suitable fan type and power required
- Select the type of materials to suit an application
- Design an air distribution system by the constant pressure drop method
- Selecting the size and shape to suit the location and space parameters of the building
- Correctly compile the data required for commissioning
Who Should Attend
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Membership Rate: £270 (£324 inc VAT)
- Standard Rate: £300 (£360 inc VAT
If you are a new user to CIBSE and would like to purchase an online learning course please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at email@example.com to get you started.
Alternatively, please follow the set up instructions below:
To set up the MyCIBSE Portal create a username from your desired email address and create a password. Then login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used to create your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in to both portals, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account.
If you are already a user of MyCIBSE but have not yet accessed our Online Learning Portal, please login to the Online Learning Portal with the same credentials as used for your MyCIBSE Portal.
Once you have successfully logged in, please contact us on 020 8772 3660 or email us at email@example.com to activate your account.
How to Purchase
Online: Log into your MyCIBSE account to purchase your desired course. Courses can be purchased by selecting the tab 'Online Learning' then by finding your course under one of the three topics mentioned above. This is by method of Credit / Debit card only.
For corporate rates please contact the training team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at email@example.com