Overview of IET Wiring Regulations (18th Edition)
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
15th July 2019 | London - Find out more
Starting with a synopsis of the history of the regulations, you will learn some of the underlying principles of electrical installation theory and why the need for prescriptive regulations is necessary.
This full day course provides a 'cover to cover' overview of BS7671:2018. Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations Eighteenth Edition) including discussion on the history of the regulations, technical aspects of the content and extent of application of the regulations in the electrical industry.
The course has been updated to include discussion on key changes that have been introduced in recent years as well as the most significant changes within the latest 18th Edition.
The trainer will take you through each part of the regulations section by section, describing key points of interest, importance and/or debate.
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the important role the wiring regulations have had throughout the electrical industry
- Understand the limits of application and where the current edition sits within the UK regulatory framework
- Gain an appreciation of some of the theory behind the regulations and importance of compliance in terms of electrical safety
- Learn about the geography of the document and how to use the regulations and associated literature
Who Should Attend
- Electrical engineers of all grades (from either a consultancy or contracting background
- Building services engineers (who may specialise in fields other than electrical engineering)
- Property managers
- Building surveyors
And anyone involved in the build process and the high level procurement of electrical installation design or services would find this course useful as a means to increase their understanding and improve their awareness of the design and installation requirements of electrical services.
Registration is open from 09.30
Start Time: 10:00
Latest finish: 17:00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please