Introduction to Heat Networks and Code of Practice
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information and booking instructions can be found on the individual course pages. Click on a course code below to view.
Following discussions with our trainer, and the technical team involved in the update of the CIBSE Heat Networks Code of Practice (CP1), we have decided to postpone this course until the updated version, CP1.2, has been formally published, and the training courses can be updated to reflect the revised content. The new course dates are expected for autumn 2019.
If you would like to attend the updated course simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the course demand list and we will notify you as soon as the new course dates are arranged.
This is a one day course aimed at providing an introduction to Heat Networks and the CoP for those who are involved in developing Heat Networks and those using or specifying the CoP.
- Gain a general understanding of Heat Networks
- Gain an understanding of the aims of the CoP
- Gain an understanding of how the CoP should be used
- Gain an overview of some of the key requirements of the CoP for contract specification
- Gain an overview of the benefits of the CoP for the consumer
The course provides a general introduction to heat networks and the specific issues associated with the various components including the common problems, and how these can be avoided, and the key requirements for delivering efficient heat networks. The course will also provide an overview of the content of the document, including a review of some of the key objectives and minimum requirements within each stage.
- Understand the basis of heat networks including the common problems and the key steps required to deliver efficient networks
- Understand the aims of the Heat Networks Code of Practice and how to use the Code.
- Gain an overview of the specific objectives and minimum requirements of CP1
- Understand the specific risks and issues at each stage of CP1
- Gain an overview of the requirements for complying with the minimum requirements of CP1
- Understand the potential approach to checking and monitoring compliance with CP1
- Gain an overview of the requirements in CP1 for consumer protection and the benefits this will have for consumers
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for people involved in procuring or working on heat network projects.
Registration will be at 09.30
Start Time: 10.00
Latest Finish: 17.00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs. In-house training can help your organisation overcome challenges and fill the skills gaps in your workforce. Courses run on a minimum number of six staff*.
For an In-house quote please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Name of course
- Approximate number of staff
- Your site address
*Minimum numbers for In-house courses outside of the UK may vary
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please