Air Conditioning & Cooling Systems
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
24th June 2019 | London - Find out more
- Cooling loads and heat gains assessment
- Cooling & heat rejection systems classification, operation and control
- Environmental impacts associated with the operation of refrigeration systems and Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS)
- Cooling system components
- Retrofit technologies
- Commonly encountered problems and how they can be avoided or resolved
- Cooling system optimisation
- Chiller data collection and analysis
This course introduces the fundamental principles of refrigeration systems and considers the optimisation of these systems for the purpose of energy efficiency. Designed for those with limited experience in this field, who wish to further their understanding of cooling systems, their component parts and their operation. Frequently encountered problems and their associated solutions are examined and explained with illustrated examples.
Delegates will gain an understanding to the different approaches to operating cooling and heat rejection systems in order to achieve maximum energy efficiency.
- Understand how to identify operating efficiency opportunities within cooling systems
- Understand methodologies and application of chiller data collection and performance analysis
- Demonstrate awareness of the environmental impacts surrounding the maintenance operation and design of cooling & heat rejection plant
- Understand the principles and application of the Vapour Compression Cycle and pressure/enthalpy diagrams
- Develop the ability to undertake heat gain and cooling load calculations.
- Develop awareness of positioning and access issues relating to cooling systems
- Become familiar with the components of cooling system controls, efficient operation and associated challenges
- Become familiar with the various types of cooling systems and their selection criteria
- Understand the different types of system used in modern buildings including:
- All-air cooling systems
- All-water cooling systems
- Combined Air/Water systems
- Packaged DX cooling systems
- Evaporative cooling systems
- Heat rejection plant
- Develop the ability to identify opportunities for older systems to be retrofitted with new technologies in order to optimise energy efficiency
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge of cooling system operation or those already established in this field that wish to further their expertise in the optimization of system efficiency.
Registration will be at 09.30
Start Time: 10.00
Latest Finish: 17.00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In House Training
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please