SLL Sustaining Membership offers organisations the opportunity to input and have access to the latest lighting guidance, providing ongoing development for staff whilst improving the knowledge of the end user, designer, specifier, contractor and client, amongst others.
Sustaining Members are invited to give their input in to brand new lighting guidance, as well as reviewing existing publications to ensure that they are up to date. Sustaining Members will also be able to provide images for inclusion in the guides and of course will be suitably credited. The Society works closely with Sustaining Members in respect of technical, education, research and standards on all aspects of lighting.
For an annual subscription of £850 + VAT (prorated to align with the start date), Sustaining Membership benefits include:
- Complimentary hard copies of all SLL publications, including brand new guidance as and when it has been published
- Free online access to all SLL Publications for a named user
- Input into Society publications, including consultation on drafts prior to publication and the invitation to include images
- Discounts on all additional hard copies of SLL publications
- Use of SLL Sustaining Member logo which can be used on letterheads, business cards & email signatures
- Listing on SLL website with link to company home page
- Monthly CIBSE Journal
- Bi-Monthly SLL Newsletter
- Free delegate place at an SLL Masterclass, worth 4.5 hours of CPD
- Publicity at SLL events, including LuxLive and the Masterclasses
- Opportunity to promote learning and staff improvement
- Support to the industry and connection with a world leading lighting body and lighting community
The demand for guidance and information on lighting and its application has increased dramatically in recent years. At the same time, there is much more public awareness of the importance of the whole lit environment. The Society of Light and Lighting believes it can better serve users of lighting and the lighting community by further developing our liaison and partnership arrangements with those organisations, associations and companies that share our interest in, and commitment to, the provision of quality lighting using the minimum of energy. Against this background, the Sustaining Member Scheme has been introduced to provide an appropriate basis for developing co-operation to the mutual benefit of the lighting community, the Society and its members and the public. The purpose of the Scheme is to support continuation and development of the Society's work, particularly in the fields of publications, standards, guides and codes of practice, education and research as well as enabling events mainly aimed at people in their early lighting career such as Ready Steady Light and Young Lighter of the Year.
Sustaining Membership is open to companies, organisations or bodies (in the UK or overseas) having an interest in lighting and wishing to support the work of the Society. Such organisations may include equipment manufacturing companies, commercial organisations, design & engineering practices, facilities management and maintenance providers, electrical contractors, electrical distributors, local government and government departments, utilities, educational organisations, medical establishments, property companies etc. Further information on cost and benefit and how to join can be found here.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 772 3685
Cost: Sustaining Membership is is £850.00 plus VAT (prorated to align with start date) annually.
The Society acknowledges the valuable support given by its Sustaining Members listed below: