- Overview of the drivers that are leading to the more widespread uptake of LZC technologies
- Planned and future changes to policy and legislation
- Assessment of the key technologies including the applicability for different building types, key considerations, design implications, technical issues, operation and maintenance requirements, costs, environmental benefits, financial benefits.
- Review of the FIT and RHI schemes
- Methodology for undertaking a feasibility study for application of LZCs into a project
This course provides an introduction to low and zero carbon technologies covering the technical issues, design and maintenance implications, and the capital and running costs that need to be considered when assessing the applicability of incorporating systems into new and existing buildings.
It covers the key drivers and requirements for implementing low and zero carbon technologies including current and future planning policies and Building Regulations as well as the Feed-in Tariff and Renewable Heat Incentive.
The technologies covered
- solar water heating
- heat pumps
- wind turbines
- combined heat and power systems
- biomass boilers
At the successful completion of this course the delegate will be able to:-
- Be able to advise clients on the requirements and potential benefits of incorporating LZCs into new or existing buildings
- Have sufficient understanding to discuss the direction of future regulations and planning policy and the implications for projects
- Be able to calculate returns from the FIT and RHI schemes
- Be able to assess the applicability of different technologies using key considerations
- Understand and be able to apply rule of thumbs and methodologies for sizing, costing and assessing the environmental and financial benefits of different systems
- Be able to prepare a feasibility study report for a client
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for all those involved in improving the energy efficiency of buildings eg: energy managers, consultants, engineers, developers, facility / building managers, architects etc
Registration is open from 09.30
Start Time: 10:00
Latest finish: 17:00
Members *early booking: £300 (£250 ex VAT)
Members standard rate: £318 (£265 ex VAT)
Non members *early booking: £324 (£270 ex VAT)
Non members standard rate: £342 (£285 ex VAT)
*early booking is applicable if booked upto 2 weeks before course date
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to email@example.com (*invoice / card)
Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3637 (*invoice / card)
Online: Click the 'Book Now' button at the top right hand side (*card ONLY
*Please note payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions:
To use the Website you must accept these Terms and Conditions ('the Terms') which should be read carefully. These Terms represent a binding contract between you and CIBSE. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms you should exit the Website immediately.
CIBSE Training reserve the right to make changes to the speakers or programme. The right is also reserved in absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel any seminar when fees paid will be refunded. Acknowledged bookings are firm. Cancellation up to 4 weeks before the course is subject to a charge of 25% of fees due, later cancellation is not accepted but delegate substitution is allowed at any time. We reserve the right to request payment in advance for companies which have not had previous financial transactions with CIBSE Services Ltd.
All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the Uk and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: email@example.com or Call: 020 8772 3637
A1489 Member Rate £265.00
A1489 1 Day Course Non Members Rate (ex VAT) £285.00