- Concentrating on achieving the deliverable rather than explaining control theory
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How do we control different systems - How do we make them do what we want?
- What equipment is used and how does it work?
Session 1: Heating & Hot Water Systems
- Boilers. Single v Modular. Step control. Primary circuit control.
- Constant temperature and compensated temperature control.
- Pressureless headers, TRVs 2 & 3 way valves (on/off, mixing v diverting).
- Provision of thermostatic control. Building Regulations requirements.
- Time, temp and interlock with boiler pump. Desirable temperatures.
- Pumped secondary, monitoring of stored water temperatures to minimise risk of legionella.
Session 2: Mechanical Ventilation & Air ConSystems
- How different systems work
- dew point stat
- reset for minimum zone requirement
- local reheat VAV fan speed control
- Ch W controls.
- Return temperature sensing.
- Compressor, Condenser and Evaporator controls.
- Compressor capacity controls.
- Heat pumps - reverse cycle
Session 3: Cooling & Refrigeration Systems
- Chilled water control for different systems.
- Dew point control. Chiller temperature and capacity control.
- Heat recovery. Control of different compressors.
- Air and water-cooled condensors. Storage systems. Thermosyphons.
Session 4: Sensors and BEMS
- A review of the control hardware used.
- Appropriate control: Review of Building and Energy Management Systems - their advantages and disadvantages
- Understanding the principles of control operation
- Practical insight to control components that are used
- Understanding how different systems are required to work to meet performance requirements
- Selection of control valves
- Developing a critical approach to control system specification, especially BEMS.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for all engineers involved in the design, operation and maintenance of HVAC systems.
Registration is open from 09.00
Start Time: 09:30
Latest finish: 17:00
Members *early booking: £300 (£250 ex VAT)
Members standard rate: £318 (£265 ex VAT)
Non members *early booking: £324 (£270 ex VAT)
Non members standard rate: £342 (£285 ex VAT)
*early booking is applicable if booked upto 2 weeks before course date
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to firstname.lastname@example.org (*invoice / card)
Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3637 (*invoice / card)
Online: This is currently unavailable due to system upgrade
*Please note payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions:
To use the Website you must accept these Terms and Conditions ('the Terms') which should be read carefully. These Terms represent a binding contract between you and CIBSE. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms you should exit the Website immediately.
CIBSE Training reserve the right to make changes to the speakers or programme. The right is also reserved in absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel any seminar when fees paid will be refunded. Acknowledged bookings are firm. Cancellation up to 4 weeks before the course is subject to a charge of 25% of fees due, later cancellation is not accepted but delegate substitution is allowed at any time. We reserve the right to request payment in advance for companies which have not had previous financial transactions with CIBSE Services Ltd.
All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: email@example.com
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. For a bespoke In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
to Melissa on firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: email@example.com or Call: 020 8772 3637
A1425 1 Day Course Members Rate (ex VAT) £265.00
A1425 1 Day Course Non Members Rate £285.00